- Cold-forged thread
- Heavy galvanizing on both rod and thread
- Dichromate treated for extra protection
- Plating capabilities to 20'6" length
- Rod diameters — 1/2", 9/16", 5/8", 11/16", 3/4" and 1"
- Exclusive "lead-in" thread gives extra strength
- Time tested lug design permits full torque on rod
- Special oversize nuts which compensate for galvanizing
Tensioning Rods & Lugs
- DeMuth produces tensioning rods up to 20' in length and in diameters from 1/2" to 1"
- Threads are cold-forged with a pointed end for easy hoop assembly and an exclusive graduated "lead-in" thread between the fully threaded and the plain portion of the rod - this eliminates the notch effect and the danger of reduced strength at this critical point where there is severe bending behind the lug during tensioning
- Rods, including the threaded portion, are electro-zinc galvanized and finished with gold dichromate for extra corrosion resistance
- DeMuth tensioning rods are specially bundled for ease of handling
- All DeMuth's lug models are specially designed to match the field application and the diameter and strength of the rods being used.
- For consistently strong and reliable tensioning hoop systems, DeMuth rods, lugs and nuts should always be used together.
Frequently Asked Questions About Tensioning Rods and Lugs
- What lengths and diameters are available?
Lengths are available from 10' to 20'. Diameters are available from 1/2" to 1".
- What coatings are available?
Zinc electro-galvanizing with either a clear chromate (silver) or dichromate (gold) conversion coating. Other types of coatings are available upon request.
- What is the thread length?
The length ranges from 4" to 6".
- What strength rods are available?
DeMuth offers standard 9/16" diameter tensioning rods at 40,000 PSI minimum yield strength with 20% elongation in 8". We can supply other diameters.
- What type of lug should I order?
Demuth will supply lugs and nuts to match the rod strength and the field application.